Sr. Internal Auditor
Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
The Senior Internal Auditor is responsible for performing testing of SOX controls within the Business Process and IT functional areas, as well as supporting the execution of detailed audits of key business areas. The role requires strong communication skills and the ability to work cross-functionally with various internal and external stakeholders. The nature of the role allows for exposure to many different business areas and regions within Under Armour.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Execute as a Senior Internal Audit Teammate, assessing the effectiveness of Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) controls and performing audit projects based on the annual Internal Audit plan
- Understand Internal Audit processes related to planning, testing, and reporting for both SOX and Audit projects
- Perform testing activities related to SOX compliance, key audit objectives, data analytics, etc.
- Establish effective working relationships with teammates at all levels of Under Armour Business Units, Internal Controls, and External Auditors
- Support the execution of targeted IT projects, such as pre-implementation / post-implementation assessments, system integration, IT infrastructure, etc.
- Ability to support a detailed audit plan and identify risk areas, develop action plans and monitor completion
- Discuss audit and control issues with management; support efforts in formulating recommendations for process improvements during financial & operational audits and control gap remediation identified during SOX testing
- Support the effective planning and execution of detailed audit programs that address engagement / project risks and ensure that procedures are executed appropriately
- Drafting clear, concise audit reports that communicate key insights and observations to functional / business personnel and executive leadership
- Demonstrate effective teaming skills with the ability work independently as needed; leading initiation, execution and completion to finalization and reporting for key work tasks.
QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITES)
- Understanding of current auditing standards, Sarbanes-Oxley, COSO 2013 guidelines
- Knowledge of operational and business processes, ERP systems (preferably SAP) and/or other financial applications
- Experience supporting internal audit findings and/or operational risk assessments.
- Familiarity with common technology, project management and control assessment frameworks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with the ability to clearly communicate thoughts appropriately to key stakeholders/clients
- Interpersonal skills; ability to work collaboratively on a team
- Ability to partner with cross-functional and regional management teams as well as external audit
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree Accounting/Finance, Information Technology, Information Systems, or similar.
- 2-3 years of experience related to internal / external audit, information technology, or internal controls.
- Internal/External Audit, Sarbanes-Oxley, or other internal control (IT or operational) project experiences.
- CIA, CISA, CPA or other related certification(s)
- Ability to travel (domestic and international) – approximately 10%
- “Relocation may be provided up to a specified amount”
BENEFITS AND PERKS (General Corporate Perks):
- Paid “UA Give Back” Volunteer Days: Work alongside your team to support initiatives in your local community.
- Under Armour Merchandise & Connected Fitness app Discounts.
- Maternity and Parental Leave for eligible and FMLA-eligible teammates
- Health & fitness benefits, discounts and resources- We offer teammates across the country programs to promote physical activity and overall well-being.
Want more details about benefits? Visit our page here!
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.