Global Indirect Tax Leader
Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
This individual will develop and lead the Company’s Global indirect tax initiatives, processes, and technology for sales and use tax, value added tax, goods and services tax, gross receipts and rent tax, and personal and real property tax.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop and implement best practices for global indirect tax policies and processes, including indirect tax technology strategy
- Guide the EMEA, LATAM, and APAC controllership team to implement VAT processes and reporting best practices
- Assist the North America Indirect Tax Manager’s implementation of developed best practices for North America indirect tax processes and audits
- Support and lead teammates directly reporting into this role including the North America Indirect Tax Manager and the Senior Tax Technology Analyst
- Support and lead indirect reports on the regional controllership teams responsible for regional VAT reporting and compliance.
- Support the North America Indirect Tax Manager with technical issues, projects and audits
- Support the EMEA, LATAM and APAC controllership team with technical VAT issues, VAT audits, and VAT and e-invoicing tax technology strategic decisions
- Develop and oversee real and personal property tax planning initiatives including valuations and appeals
- Guide the creation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for all indirect tax processes in each respective region: North America, EMEA, LATAM and APAC
- Identify indirect processes which are candidates for automation and drive automation in coordination with UA’s global tax, accounting and finance center of excellence
Technical Attributes of Ideal Candidates include but are not limited to the following:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance;
- 9 or more years of proven indirect tax experience in public accounting or in the internal tax department of a global corporation
- Experience with large-scale indirect tax business processes and data flows required
- Extensive experience with all aspects of US sales/use and Canadian goods and services tax
- Extensive experience with global Value Added Tax (VAT) reporting and compliance
- Experience managing multi-state real and personal property tax strategy
- Experience researching complex multi-state sales and use tax transactions and overseeing tax technology solutions
- Experience researching complex VAT transactions and overseeing VAT tax technology solutions
- Experience leading all aspects of sales and use tax audits
- Experience with VAT audits
- Experience with state and local income personal property tax audits
- Experience with tax technology software required - Vertex and SAP solutions preferred
- Experience and interest in performing original indirect tax research required (RIA/CCH/BNA, etc)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required
- Strong skills in managing and developing managers and staff
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to work on multiple projects concurrently with cross-functional stakeholders
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate complex information
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and multi-task
- Willingness to assist with any tax department initiatives and grow with the Company
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.